This is my original blog for all our non-caravanning trips since 2009 and more recently posts about coming to terms with being single again having been widowed in 2018. And anything else too really!

My caravanning blog is (Get Your) Legs Down and all our trips in the caravan are there. My grog blog is The Ale Archive where I list every beer I’ve ever tried.

Tuesday 12 March 2019

65 today

65 today. I wish.

Not me of course but someone would have been - should have been - celebrating his 65th birthday today. The day when finally he was rewarded for lifetime of graft with a state pension - although he would have actually have had to wait a little longer for that. I remember him saying many times – “65 years, 6 months and 21 days”.

The day he could sit back and think “I've done my bit” and start enjoying his retirement. I doubt he'd have given up work entirely but was certainly looking forward to easing up. Gawd knows he’d earned the right yet he's been denied all that. It's so unfair.

Unfair to those of us that loved him dearly, unfair to those lucky enough to have him as a friend, unfair to those to whom he was an Uncle or Brother.

But most of all it's unfair to him.

65 today. I so, so wish.

1 comment:

  1. You are right it is not fair. Happy Birthday Trev will raise a glass to you at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete